I recently attended the Digital Wine Communication Conference (DWCC2014) in Montreux.
It was a fabulous event, attended by over three hundred wine professionals and enthusiasts. It was a great opportunity to meet some fantastic people, drink some delicious wine, look at some wonderful scenery and learn more about how to abandon my rather luddite tendancies regarding certain social media.
Following the event, I learnt that Hungary was among the top ten countries represented; the others being Switzerland, France, UK, USA, Italy, Portugal, Spain, Germany and Austria. I was pleased and surprised by this and commented. This sparked a great little thread with some Hungarian wine word play.
– Great. Hungary was in top ten. Who would have thought!
– We had a very strong presence from Tokaj which was brilliant … or maybe it was just people trying to get “free” wifi?
– What a noble-rotten thing to say
– It certainly putts them in their place.
– Now, now
– Well, let’s just ASZUme they all came to learn and have fun then
– This pun thing is going to BOR so many people here.
– 10 points to someone who can do something with Szamarodni
– I think we’ll leave that pun to either Sam or Rodney …
– Some are oddny, some are evenny
– Are you Hungary for more?
– Only if it involves malolactic furmintation!
– If you’re blue and you don’t know where to go to, Why don’t you go where fashion sits, Puttonyos the Ritz.
– Eszencially he is really good at it
– And we keep coming back for Mór
– We should maybe run a poll or a Balaton our favourite pun? … RIght, back to work!!
– Some wines are really meaty. Check out the Pécs on that one.
-This thread is worthy of 6 puttonyos.
(Meanwhile, others watch and learn)
– I’m Eger to continue, but I have to go to a meeting right now. Has anyone noticed how it’s getting Kadarka early now that winter is on its way?
– Time to stop procrastinating – I’m off Furmint to freshen my breath
– Varmint? I’ll take care of that Pest. Buda!
– I need some bull’s blood to keep up with this!
(Names have been removed to protect the guilty!)